1. What is the significance of 24/7 worship and intercession in our city and nation?
- GOD is worthy of night and day worship and prayer (Rev. 4-5).
- The church matures at an accelerated pace when continual prayer takes it primary place (Eph. 1:16-17, 3:16-19).
- Night and day greatly impacts the measure of harvest of lost souls that will come into the kingdom (Psalms 2, Matthew 9:37-38).
- Speedy Justice is released when night and day prayer arises (Luke 18:1-8).
- The Bible instructs and mandates the church to commit to night and day worship and intercession (I Thess. 5:16-17).
- There are many other verses in the New Testament that instruct the church to pray continually.
- We honor corporate prayer because Jesus taught us that there is greater impact when two or more are joined together to agree in prayer.
- Continual prayer is a prerequisite to preparing the way for JESUS’ second coming (Matthew 6:10).
“The fire on the altar must be kept burning on the altar continuously; it must [never] not go out.” - Leviticus 6:13
2. Who can join the Cebu House of Prayer?
Everyone is welcome to join the Cebu House of Prayer. You may come as a visitor or regular attendee. You may also come as an intern, short-term/ long-term staff, or part-time/ full time staff. Our basic requirement to join as a staff is to accomplish our 3-month internship program. All of our full-time staff are required to be in the prayer room a minimum of 20 hours a week.
3. What benefit will I get out of the Internship Program?
We believe that intimacy is the key to effective ministry and the fulfillment of the Great Commission. When a heart is awakened up in love, boldness to proclaim Christ’s gospel follows more easily. Therefore, our Internship Program has been designed to cultivate obedience to the first and greatest commandment which is to love and to know God with all that we are.
Our Internship Program is a time for consecration. It is great to those who need to be realigned spiritually; those who need to be refreshed in faith; those who are in transition; and to those who want to go deeper in their relationship with God.
We aim to train Spirit-filled forerunners who will prepare for the great harvest of souls, for the days of great difficulties and for Jesus’ return. With this in mind, we lead our interns into a daily opportunity of developing a lifestyle of meditation on God’s Word which strengthens them inwardly.
Having Jesus as our model for intercession, we also require certain hours for our interns to be in the prayer room daily for them to grow in a lifestyle of worship, prayer and fasting. We also provide a safe atmosphere for our interns’ development through Christ-centered teachings, family-like relationships, mentoring, and skills enhancement.
4. Do I get housing if I join the Cebu House of Prayer?
Currently, we have permanent staff or intern housing for women only. If you are interested in coming to join us, our hospitality department will assist you in finding suitable housing provided that you communicate in advance. However, you are financially responsible for covering all your expenses. Depending on your standard of living, you should prepare a minimum of 150-200 USD for food and housing per month. Please contact us for more details.
5. How is Cebu House of Prayer sustained financially?
Cebu House of Prayer is a ministry of Youth With A Mission (YWAM) and is a volunteer organization comprised of people of every age serving in both short and long term capacities. All staff and workers are non-salaried. Therefore, each member lives by faith and raises his or her own financial support base.
We invite you to prayerfully consider becoming one of our partners through financially giving towards our monthly needs as we serve God together. Should the Lord lead you to give, click here.